Want to work for CPAWS? Find our current opportunities here.
Hours: Between 20.5 & 37.5 hours per week. We have some flexibility to make this work for the right candidate.
As part of the CPAWS Yukon team, this position will help coordinate the Peel Watershed public campaign and will manage CPAWS Yukon’s ongoing communications and social media strategy. As the organization moves into a new stage, where the Peel campaign is less all encompassing, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to define the next big campaign.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Campaign and Communications Coordinator will perform the following major duties:
• Support Executive Director in annual campaign planning and strategy
• Coordinate aspects of the Peel Campaign including communications strategy
• Help plan for new campaigns
• Organize events and meetings including logistics, volunteers, speakers, advertising, promotion and assist with agendas/program plans
• Work with CPAWS National staff on select conservation planning, communications/social media
• Contribute to select environmental and policy issues as needed.
• Develop and coordinate implementation of campaign communication plans, including drafting of press releases, development and coordination of messaging.
• Ensure that the organization retains a strong social media presence
• Manage and update website content.
• Help ensure a smooth transition to a new CMS for the website, in conjunction with staff at CPAWS National.
• Prepare promotions, website, social media initiatives, and other communication materials
• Design and produce bi-annual newsletters
• As required, serve as one of the spokespeople addressing media, supporters, other groups, and the public
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Develop biannual workplans
• Other duties as requested by the Executive Director
• Post-secondary education in communications or a related field an asset
• Demonstrated experience coordinating campaigns/events
• Background in environmental/conservation issues
• Excellent communicator, presenter, writer including experience writing for various audiences on web, social media and in print
• Demonstrated expertise in media relations, including writing press releases
• Experience with policy an asset but not required
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
• Experience working in a non-government organization (NGO)
• Must work well as part of team and individually with willingness to respond quickly and flexibly to changing events and work assignments
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and foster enduring relationships in community, governments, and non-profit sector
• Positive, results-oriented, problem-solving attitude
• Technologically savvy with proficiency in email, social media platforms and Microsoft Office and working knowledge of design software (Photoshop and InDesign)
• Ability to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends as required
Please submit a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter. Due to expected levels of interest, it will only be possible for us to contact applicants who are being invited for an interview. Applications should be submitted by 5pm (Pacific) on Wednesday April 26th. Thank you for your application!