- Thursday Apr 20, 2023
- Open at 9am, Official start at 9:30am, and Closing at 5pm.
- Location: Carcross, Yukon (70km from Whitehorse)
- Venue: Haa Shagóon Hídi (Our Ancestors House – Carcross Tagish First Nation) in the Main Hall and Firepit area + Virtual Interactive Livestream via Gúnta Business
- Lunch + early bird-breakfast, coffee, tea and afternoon snack provided
- Registration required so we can ensure we have enough food, and to be able send out the Zoom link for those attending virtually
- Yukon First Nation Climate Action Fellowship
- How We Walk with the Land and Water
- Taku River Tlingit First Nation
- Northwest Boreal Partnership
- Carcross/Tagish First Nation
- Ahtna Intertribal Resource Commission
- Yukon Land Use Planning Council
Organized by CPAWS Yukon and the Northwest Boreal Partnership, this gathering is bringing people together to listen, share and learn about the intersection of efforts and opportunities around land and water planning, climate adaptation, conservation, and regenerative economies – with a highlighted focus on Indigenous-led and collaborative efforts.
We expect to bring together a diverse group of representatives from First Nation communities and governments, government agencies, funding groups, academic institutions, conservation groups, the tourism and business sector, and land planning and management organizations.
In addition to teaching and inspiring one another with examples of what is possible, we hope this gathering will help everyone work together on future land-water initiatives and planning in the North, across the nation, and cross-borders.
This all-day event will include lunch, snacks, and food for thought as we listen and learn together, and share thoughts on Indigenous-led stewardship initiatives, land and water relationship planning, regenerative economies, First Nation climate solutions, and cross-border initiatives.
Options for Attending
Doors open at 9:00am for an early-bird breakfast and the event will begin at 9:30am. We aim to wrap up the event at 5pm. Please dress to be outdoors for portions of the day.
Driving Directions from Whitehorse: Drive East on the Alaskan Highway (1), turn right on the Klondike Highway (2 Southbound) following signs to Carcross. After 51.5km, Haa Shagóon Hídi will be on the left hand side of the highway. Expect it to take about 60 minutes to drive from Whitehorse.
*If transportation from Whitehorse is a barrier for you, please let us know so that we can assist you in joining the gathering. Email email@example.com
This is more than simply watching via zoom. This gathering is an interactive hybrid event, made possible by Gúnta Business. Gúnta business specializes in high-quality and highly interactive live-streaming, making these important community events accessible to all.